The number one and most obvious reason for hiring a tree removal company is the lack of proper know-how and equipment to resolve a particular tree removal related problem. However, this is far from being the only reason why you would want to procure professional tree removal services.
Some other reasons you might have for calling a tree removal company include:
- A tree in your front or backyard has become infested with termites or some other destructive or potentially harmful insects
- The branches of a tree are entangled with the power lines and therefore pose a significant danger
- A tree in your yard is in the way of an extension or renovation that you want to add to your house
- Dangerous broken overhanging branches of a tree posing a physical risk to passersby
- A tree is diseased or is dying
- The view from your house is obstructed by a tree or two in the front yard or backyard
- An ornamental tree in the front yard has undergone such wanton growth that it no longer adds to the appeal of your yard
- You no longer want an old decaying tree stump as a constant unsightly feature of your front yard
- The hedge around your front yard has overgrown and thus lost its initial beauty
Services offered by a professional tree removal company
The list of reasons given above is not exhaustive but illustrates some of the more common tree removal issues Australians face. If you do find yourself faced with any these Arboricultural issues, carry out a tree removal Brisbane search and locate a tree lopping company that fits the criteria. By calling a professional Australian tree removal company, you get to benefit from the wide range of expertise that such a company would offer. Some of the major tree removal service categories are described below.
Before you go ahead and cut down that pesky tree in your yard, it is necessary to consult your local council on the list of regulated trees in your council’s jurisdiction. This will save you from the hefty fines that you could end up paying for cutting down a regulated tree species. All councils in Australia make use of two tree-related registrations to determine which trees require special approval for removal. These two regulations are:
- Tree Preservation Orders or TPOs
- Local Environment Plans or LEPs
Brisbane City Council makes use of the two regulations to come up with a registry of significant trees, i.e. trees that need special approval before they can be cut down. Some of the grounds upon which a tree can be considered significant include:
- Trees that are considered to be an important part of the landscape
- Trees associated with a significant historical event
- Trees considered to have substantial botanical value
- Trees that are considered important by the native aboriginal people in the locale
- Trees that serve a functional purpose such as windbreaks, part of habitat and so forth
It is also possible to access the national trust tree registry which contains a list of over 2000 tree species. Some of the tree species that are regulated include Bottle Tree, Cook Island Pine, River Red Gum, and many others. Tree removal regulations should be yet another reason for you to call a professional tree removal service company. Doing so will save you the hassle of having to consult various tree registries and then having to seek written approval. A certified Australian tree removal company will handle all aspects of your tree removal related problem. This will save you effort, time and money.
Tree Stump Removal and Stump Grinding
It is fortunate that there are no regulations related to the removal of tree stumps. However, the task of removing large tree stumps can be quite challenging even with the right equipment. It is advisable to procure the services of a tree removal company whose work crew boasts a vast experience in resolving a myriad of tree removal related issues. You can use online resources like Linkedin for finding lists of stump grinding companies in south east Queensland.
Tree Lopping and Branch Removal
If a tree in your yard happens to pose a physical risk to you and your family, then you can handle the problem yourself. However, to avoid the potential danger associated with the task of cutting off the top of a tree or removing a broken branch, it is best to call a tree removal company.
Other Tree Removal Services
Some of the other services that a certified tree removal service company offers include tree pruning, tree trimming, branch removal, tree inspection and arborist services.
There is definitely a lot to gain from calling a professional tree removal service provider.
How to Grow Spinach
Spinach is a green leafy crop that can be eaten either raw or cooked. A plate of cooked Spinach contains 41 calories, high levels of Vitamins A and K and other minerals including; Vitamin C (23.5%), Potassium (23.9%), Calcium (24.4%), Vitamin E (24.9%), Vitamin B6 (25.8%), Vitamin B2 (32.3%), Copper (34.4%), Iron (35.7%), Magnesium (35.1%), Folate (65.7%), and Manganese (84%). Spinach is less acidic than most vegetables and as such, it’s very recommendable to people of all ages.
With the right climate conditions, Spinach takes less than two months to fully mature after planting. Spinach does well even when grown together with other crops like cabbages, cauliflower, broad beans, onions, strawberry; you name it
Have a look at this essential guide on how to grow Spinach;
When Best to Plant Spinach
- Planting should be done as soon as the warm weather sets in.
- The soil should be less than 70ºF (21°C) hot.
- Ensure you do the planting every two weeks during the warm season.
How to Plant Spinach
- Ensure where you plant your Spinach has access to full sun and light shade and that the soil is well-drained.
- Use aged manure to prepare the soil about a week before the actual planting.
- Transplanting spinach seeds is not recommended so all the planting should be done in one place.
- Sow the spinach seeds about ½ inch to 1 inch deep then cover lightly with soil.
- Keep watering the new plants.
How to Care for Spinach
- If your soil pH is inadequate, supplement it with fertilizer to avoid slow growth.
- After seedlings have sprouted to about 2 inches, reduce them by thinning to 3-4 inches apart.
- Spinach doesn’t require constant cultivation because its roots are shallow and can be easily damaged.
- Consider mulching as a way to keep the soil moist during hot seasons.
- Water the crops regularly
- Spinach can withstand cold weathers to some extent.
Common Pests and Diseases that affect Spinach
- Leaf Miners
- Mosaic Virus / Blight
- Downy Mildew
Harvesting Spinach Leaves
- Spinach takes around six weeks to fully mature. However, you harvest when the leaves reach to your desired size.
- If you wait for too long, the over matured leaves become hard and bitter when cooked.
- The whole plant bunch can be harvested at once by cutting at the base or picked one leave at a time hence allowing the inner layers some more time to develop.
Varieties of Spinach Leaves
- Giant Nobel: this one comes in a plain leafy variety
- Winter Bloomsdale: it has crinkled leaf, is tolerant in case of mosaic viruses and fall variety.
- Tyee: It can be planted during fall or spring. It is highly resistant when it comes to downy mildew
- New Zealand Spinach (Tetragoniatetragonides) and Malabar Spinach (Basellaalba): These two types of Spinach are heat tolerant. They can be grown during summer when the heat is high and still do very well.
Health Benefits of Eating Spinach
- Diabetes Management: Alpha-lipoic acid in Spinach lowers glucose levels and increases insulin sensitivity in diabetes patients.
- Cancer Prevention: Chlorophyll in spinach blocks carcinogenic effects generated when foods are grilled at high temperatures. This contributes a lot in preventing cancer growth.
- Asthma prevention: Beta Carotene in Spinach lowers the risk of developing asthma in children.
- Lowering Blood pressure: Potassium in Spinach reduces the effect of sodium in the body.
- Healthy hair and skin: the Vitamin A in spinach moderates oil in skin pores, together with hair follicles.